An aerial view of Alexandra Park, 1920, reproduced courtesy of the Britain from Above Project (click on the image to reach their website). Whilst the houses of Poet’s Corner are evident, Beechen Cliff School has yet to be built. Within the park the perimeter road has been highlighted and the bowling green can also be seen. The round structure is a bandstand that clearly features on maps of the period.
Tree felling in the park, circa 1976 (courtesy Lewis Baker). These elm trees stood between the public conveniences and the bowling green and were probably felled as a result of Dutch elm disease.
Bath Chronicle photograph of Bear F;at residents at Alexandra Park at the millenium.